Helpful hits about our dance classes, arts classes and studio time.
Just a few helpful hints to save all of you from emailing the same questions.
If the answer you are looking for is not here, then go ahead and email your question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We are always asked to send you guys timetables, well you can get a copy much faster than waiting for us to reply. You simply need to click on the ‘Timetable’ link on the left. Its as easy as that.
Do I have to be a member to come down to a class?
Yes we do work on a membership scheme, but there are several options for you to choose from.
- Purchase a day pass of £2 which is a door fee that gives you access to any or all of the classes on that day. £1 under 12’s.
- Purchase a 1 year membership, £15.
- Purchase a 1 year Renewal, £10.
These memberships give you access to as many classes as you can fit into your schedule for the corresponding period of time.
Remember to bring 1 passport photo in with you when you sign up, so we can make your card for you.
Do i have to pay the membership fee and the class fee?
Yes, all class fees are paid to the individual teachers during their classes. The memberships just give you entry to the classes themselves.
Dont forget to always bring your membership cards to the classes to gain access.
Do I need to have prior experience to join in the classes?
Don’t worry, experience is by no means necesary. We have many many beginners who come to are classes, and lets remember, everyone was a beginner at some point. We promote a positive atmosphere in all of our classes and aim to improve everyones skills and abilities, so dont be shy, come on down and have a go!
What style of dance would be best for me?
We think that no style better suits one person, it all depends on what you like, and what kind of music you like. If you have training in a certain area, you can go to a similar class but dont let that restrict you, try something new and who knows what you could learn!
What do the different levels mean?
- Classes labelled Beg, (beginner) are for people who have little or no experience.
- Classes labelled All, are for those who have been a few times and are starting to improve. If you want to push yourself to improve then this class may be ideal for you.
- Classes labelled Int, (intermediate) are for people who have been to the beginner classes and are able to keep good pace with the teacher. Or for people with previous experience, or simply for the brave who want to push themselves to learn.
What should I wear to the classes?
- For the majority of the classes you can wear whatever you feel most comfortable dancing in.
- For Ballet, ballet shoes if you have them, but if not don not worry, bare feet are fine.
- For the Tap classes, heel-toe is preffered, toe on their own are also acceptable.
- For Ballroom classes, ballroom shoes can be worn, as long as they are comfortable anything will do.
Do I need to bring a partner?
Some of our classes are partner based and you can bring a partner or you can pair up with someone else in the class.
Do we offer private tuition?
Yes, many of our teacher offer private tuition classes and the price per hour range between £25-£60. Locations can be arranged as per to your requirements. Many of the teachers are willing to travel to your home (distance permitting). Contact Sunshine if you would like to arrange any lessons.
What is locking?
We have a locking class running on a Tuesday and many people do not know what locking is. So to clear up this confusion, if you go to the following link, you can view a sample of a routine performed by some of the best Lockers in the world.
And here is a link to a less challenging routine.
Chairs not included in our routines.